The Racial Diversity Campaign (RDC) is pleased to announce that applications are now open for the Ethnic Minority Future MPs' Weekend, to be held online, 13th - 14th March 2021.
The weekend is an intensive training weekend for aspiring ethnic minority candidates; designed to equip you with the knowledge you need as a Liberal Democrat candidate.
Free of Charge: There is no fee for this training weekend.
Speakers will include:
- Daisy Cooper (MP for St Albans and Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrats)
- Munira Wilson (MP for Twickenham)
- Baroness Lynne Featherstone (former MP for Hornsey and Wood Green)
- Candy Piercy MBE (Professional Trainer and Chair, Campaign for Gender Balance)
- Josh Babarinde OBE (Vice Chair, Racial Diversity Campaign)
- Cllr Julia Ogiehor (Haringey Council and Vice Chair, Racial Diversity Campaign)
Please note that this training is for ethnic minority members, approved candidates and less experienced PPCs. We will organise separate RDC events in the future for experienced candidates which will be more tailored to your skills and needs.
As well as expert advice on your political career the weekend will also give you:
- Information and advice on all aspects of the process from how to apply for approval, through to planning and winning your selection on your way to standing for Parliament
- An opportunity to formulate your Personal Development Plan
- Key skills on strategically planning your career in politics
- Personalised advice and guidance from key experts
- A fantastic opportunity to network and make useful contacts with other aspiring ethnic minority candidates within the party
All applications must be received by Monday 8th March 2021.
Please note that this event to open to ethnic minority members of the Liberal Democrats. Ethnic minority applicants from under-represented groups are also encouraged to apply.
Google map and directions