Submitted by: 14 members.
Mover: Phil Bennion.
Summation: Hannah Bettsworth.
Conference agrees that the Liberal Democrats are committed to continued membership of Liberal International and the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE) and their successor organisations.
Conference further agrees that from 1 January 2023:
- The Liberal Democrat delegation to the ALDE Council shall comprise:
- The Chair of the Federal International Relations Committee (FIRC), or a deputy drawn from and elected by the directly elected members of FIRC.
- Any Liberal Democrat members of the ALDE Bureau, unless they already have their own place as Council members.
- Additional delegates as required, elected by all party members under the election regulations made under Article 9.6(c), with the diversity requirements for those elections of a minimum of one person from each state party and one person under the age of 26 at the time of the election. Runners up in the election to be ordered as reserve delegates.
- The Liberal Democrat delegation to the Liberal International Executive Committee shall comprise:
- The Chair of FIRC or a deputy drawn from and elected by the directly elected members of FIRC.
- Any Liberal Democrat members of the Liberal International Bureau, unless they already have their own place as Executive Committee members.
- Additional delegates as required elected by the voting members of FIRC.
Mover: 5 minutes; all other speakers: 3 minutes. For eligibility and procedure for speaking in this debate, see page 9 of the agenda.
The deadline for amendments to this motion , is 13.00 Monday 5 September, see page 12 of the agenda. Those selected for debate will be printed in Conference Extra and Monday's Conference Daily. The deadline for requests for separate votes is 09.00 on Sunday 18 September, see pages 8-9 of the agenda.