This guide will show you how to create a new Connect account. It also shows you how to edit existing users. Local Party Connect Managers can create user accounts for local activists. More users allows you to spread work like data entry, printing canvass cards and phone canvassing.
Where: You can access the ‘Users’ screen through the ‘Users’ drop-down menu in the ‘Administrative Menu’ box part of the Main Menu
1. Begin from the Main Menu
From the main menu, open the Users option and click on Users to find or create your new user.
2. Search to see if an account already exists
a) Search by Last Name and First Name to make sure the user does not already possess a user account; make sure that the Active/Inactive criteria is empty to include active and inactive accounts in your search.
b) If the account does not exist, press Add New User in the upper-right corner of the screen to proceed.
3. Create a New Account
a) Fill the fields available to create the new account:
○ Enter the user’s last and first name
○ The username you wish to assign them.
○ The User profile you wish to assign to their profile. This is the account level that you are giving them.
○ Select the constituency to which you are giving them access
○ You can also set an expiry date.
b) When done, click Next to proceed to the next step.
c) This individual will receive an email with a link to set up their account.