Our children deserve the best start in life.
But unfortunately, because of Conservative cuts, schools up and down the country are taking drastic measures.
One is a school in Birmingham has had to shorten its school day by 30 minutes; many are considering going down to a four-day week.
Staff cuts are common and more than half of school buildings are in urgent need of repair.tt
This is a disgrace – and our children deserve better.
And we can do better – today, I’ve unveiled our plan to transform our education system, by investing £7bn more in our schools and colleges over the next Parliament.
You can find out more about our plan here:
- Protect per pupil funding in real terms in schools (£3.3bn)
- Protect further education per pupil funding in real terms (£660m)
- Ensure no school loses out from the National Funding Formula (£1.26bn)
- Protect the pupil premium in real terms (£415m)
- Invest in continuous professional development for teachers (£165m)