Mover: Fraser Graham.
Summation: Charley Hasted.
Conference notes that:
- The Trans community has been subjected to widespread attack within the media in recent years.
- There has yet to be a Trans or Non-Binary individual elected to be a member of the House of Commons.
- All individuals should be able to be addressed using pronouns with which they are comfortable.
- All individuals should be able to use toilet facilities at conferences without fear of harassment.
Conference reaffirms the Liberal Democrat commitment that:
- Trans women are women, trans men are men and non-binary identities are valid.
- All party members should feel able to attend party conferences and events without fear of harassment or discrimination.
Conference calls for:
- Liberal Democrat HQ and all venues for Federal and Regional conferences to have at least one gender-neutral toilet facility; this should be separate from the Accessible toilet facility, and should be clearly signposted within the venue.
- Conference passes to include preferred pronouns for all attendees, with all attendees permitted to specify their preferred pronouns at the time of registration or to opt not to have pronouns shown on their pass.
- Speakers cards for conference debates to allow for pronouns to be specified to allow those moderating debates to address speakers by their preferred pronouns.
- Presenters at party events and training sessions to be given guidance on avoiding unnecessarily gendered language.
Mover: 7 minutes; summation of motion and movers and summation of any amendments: 4 minutes; all other speakers: 3 minutes. For eligibility and procedure for speaking in this debate, see page 11.
The deadline for amendments to this motion - see page 13 - and for requests for separate votes - see page 10 - is 13.00, Monday 2 March. Those selected for debate will be printed in Conference Extra and Saturday's Conference Daily which will be published here.