Frequently asked questions for the 2019 round of internal elections.
We will post new questions that deal with later stages as the election timetable progresses.
These FAQs are guidance and not a substitute for the Election Rules.
What is the election timetable?
The timetable for this round of internal elections is as follows:
- Notice of elections published; Tuesday, January 21
- Nominations close noon; Wednesday, February 5
- Ballots go out to Board members; Thursday, February 6
- (For posts not requiring hustings) Voting closes; noon Wednesday, February 12
- (For posts not requiring hustings) Results declared; Thursday, February 13
- Board meeting, including those elected above; Saturday, February 15. Where hustings are required, these will be held on this day.
- (For posts requiring hustings – see below) Voting closes noon; Monday, February 17
- (For posts requiring hustings) Results declared; Tuesday, February 18
When is the close of nominations for the Federal Elections?
Nominations and manifestos must be received no later than 5pm Wednesday 5th February 2020.
Nomination papers can be sent in by email to email@example.com
Nomination papers can also be sent in the post to:
The Returning Officer (Federal)
Liberal Democrats, LDHQ
8-10 Great George Street