Michael Mullaney is an experienced local campaigner in Hinckley and Bosworth. He is currently County Councillor for Hinckley.
Over recent years Michael has campaigned on many local issues. These have included;
• Campaigning to successfully save Hinckley’s Ambulance Station
• Successfully stopping the Conservative led Fire Authority’s plan to remove Hinckley’s second fire engine
• Campaigning with residents for Mount Road Hospital in Hinckley to be kept as a Walk in Centre for the town
• Fighting to save threatened local bus services
• Collecting thousands of signatures in Hinckley and Bosworth as part of the successful campaign to force the banks to drop their plans to scrap cheques
• Campaigning to save the Maternity Ward at the George Eliot Hospital
• Successfully campaigned to keep the Workclub at Hinckley Library which gives help and support to local people looking for work.
He has been the Lib Dem Parliamentary Candidate for Bosworth at the 2010, 2015 and 2017 General Elections, fighting against the Tory Government damaging Brexit plans.
Michael’s past jobs include working as a carer for elderly and disabled people. He understands that these vital jobs are often underpaid and is pleased that when the Lib Dems were in government they helped take low paid workers out of Income Tax.