Chair of the Liberal Democrats’ Race Equality Policy Working Group
The chair of the Lib Dem Race Equality Policy Working Group will lead a group of around 15-20 members to produce policy proposals for the party. These will set out the party’s plans for improving race equality and helping us reach out to BAME communities, while exemplifying the party’s values.
The working group will take evidence in the first half of 2018 with a view to producing a consultation paper in July. After the consultation session at the September 2018 Conference, the policy paper will be finalised over October-December 2018 to be published in January 2019.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the development of the party’s policy on race equality
- Management of a group of volunteers
- Close work with our spokespeople and parliamentarians on race equality policy issues
- Engagement with external policy experts
- Running a comprehensive consultation and engagement strategy
- Preparing drafts of the policy paper.
- A member of the Liberal Democrats (essential)
- Experience in managing policy discussions with parliamentarians and at other senior levels within the party successfully, or equivalent
- Knowledge of race equality policy issues
- Experience of campaigns, media or communications.
Up to 20 days a year (typically 4 hours a week).
This position is voluntary.
To apply please complete the application form, here.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 15th November.