Our NHS and care services are in crisis.
Too few beds. Too few doctors. Too-long waiting lists.
People are suffering, even dying.
The Conservatives continue to savage public services with cuts.
Labour are too weak to offer concrete solutions - or deliver them.
But it doesn't have to be that way.
We have a plan for a health service fit for the modern world - a plan that will fix our NHS and care services and leave a legacy that we can be proud to pass on to future generations.
- Introduce a 1% raise in income tax, generating £6bn a year
- Ring-fence ALL of this for the NHS and care, investing efficiently and effectively in social care, primary care, mental health and public health
- Consolidate all health and care taxes into a single, dedicated Health and Care Tax, showing on people's payslips exactly what we spend it on
- Establish a cross-party health and care convention, consulting and working with patients, the public, NHS staff and care workers, to ensure our health and social care is sustainable and integrated
- Introduce an independent agency to monitor health and care budgets, which would report every three years on how much money the system needs to flourish.