After the general election of 2015 the Liberal Democrats experienced a surge of new members. We're now getting a second surge of people joining after the referendum result. If you're one of them, we're very keen to meet you and to know what your interests and concerns are. If you're a longer-established member, maybe one who's had little time to meet other Liberal Democrats, we'd very much like to meet you too.
So we've organised a series of informal evening meetups in pubs around the area, to get to know one another and to discuss where the UK and the Liberal Democrats go after the referendum, in an environment where the Conservatives' deep divides have deepened and Labour is tearing itself apart. The programme is as follows:
- Thursday 21 July: Clacton: The Robin Hood - 211 London Rd, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex CO15 4ED
- Tuesday 26 July: West Bergholt: The White Hart - Nayland Rd, West Bergholt, Colchester, Essex CO6 3DD
- Thursday 4 August: Wivenhoe: The Greyhound - 62 High St, Wivenhoe, Colchester CO7 9AZ
- Wednesday 10 August: Manningtree: The Red Lion - 42 South St, Manningtree CO11 1BG
- Tuesday 16 August: Layer de la Haye: The Fox - 2 Malting Green Rd, Layer de la Haye, Colchester CO2 0JH.
All these will start at 7:30, but someone will be there from 7. In most cases no food will be laid on, but meals are available from the pub. This and other details such as directions to the pub we'll be sending later. It would be helpful if you could let us know if you're able to come and to which one.
62 High Street
Wivenhoe CO7 9AZ
Google map and directions