Tessa served as MP for Wells from 2010-2015. the first non-Conservative to win the seat of Wells since Arthur Hobhouse in 1923.
Tessa was inspired to pursue a career in politics by her grandfather who was involved in Kenyan politics through the 1950s. Neither of Tessa’s parents were political, but her uncle was on the Church of England’s ruling body and like Tessa was well known for challenging the establishment!
Record of Delivery
Tessa has a strong record of delivering for local people. As MP for Wells Tessa;
• Held the record number of surgeries held by MPs elected in 2010 at over 700
• Voted against fracking
• One of 7 MPs from various parties who together forced Theresa May to establish Child Abuse Inquiry
• Held banks to account over Interest Rate Swap mis-selling
• Victory in overturning George Osborne’s Caravan Tax
• Spearheaded campaign preventing privatisation of nation's forestry
“With the Conservatives on course for a stonking majority, the need for a strong, fair minded opposition in Westminster is more important than ever.
"This area needs a strong, independent minded MP who knows the local area, is willing to question authority and stands up for local people.
I’ve done it before and I’m ready to do it again”