Job Title: Campaign Manager (Somerton & Frome)
Responsible to: LDHQ Campaigns Manager assigned to the seat
Working for: Somerton & Frome Liberal Democrats (subsequently Glastonbury & Somerton LD)
Location: Sparkford, Somerset
Length of contract: Fixed term until next General Election + 2 months
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week), flexible including some evening and weekend work.
Closing date: 11th December 2023
Following Sarah Dyke’s spectacular by-election win in the recent Somerton & Frome by-election, the local Liberal Democrats are looking for a Campaign Manager to drive our campaigning operation and help Sarah fight for our corner of Somerset and lead our campaign in Glastonbury & Somerton.
With a General Election potentially 6 months away, this will be an exciting, fast-paced role - with the opportunity to really change things. You will work to grow, manage and inspire our team of local volunteers, building on the recent by-election campaign. Working with the LDHQ Campaigns Manager, you will lead production on all our printed literature, ensuring it works hand-in-hand with ourdigital campaigning.
- Take overall responsibility for delivering the constituency campaign plan, as agreed between the LDHQ Campaigns Manager, the MP/PPC and the local Lib Dem party.
- Building campaigning and organisational capacity – including recruiting members, donors, deliverers and poster sites.
- Building and managing a team of constituency volunteers who oversee all aspects of capacity building and campaigning.
- Designing and delivering an ongoing programme of doorstep communication with voters.
- Assisting with the design, production, print, and coordination of delivery of campaign literature.
- Maintaining relevant databases e.g. deliverers, donors, poster sites etc.
- Organising events e.g. action days, social events, etc.
- Maintaining and updating social media, website and other digital infrastructure.
- Supporting fundraising and assisting with fundraising campaigns and events as required.
- Attending relevant conferences, training and other meetings as required.
The following criteria are considered essential:
- Exceptional personal organisation.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, mobilise and manage volunteers.
- Excellent written communication skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, self-motivating and able to manage own workload.
- Familiarity with current issues within UK politics and sympathy with the values and principles of the Liberal Democrats.
- The following criteria are considered highly desirable:
- Experience of delivering effective Liberal Democrat campaigns.
- Experience of Liberal Democrat software and databases (e.g. Affinity Publisher, Connect and Fleet)
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Interviews: 14th /15th December 2023
Start date: ASAP
Flexible working will be expected in this job. There will be the need to work long hours at certain times in the political calendar, for which TOIL will be given.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV with referees, clearly outlining your suitability for the role against the person specification and job description, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in your email any times you are unavailable for interview on 14th /15th December and whether or not you have a car and driving licence.
For an informal discussion about the position, email email@example.com who will arrange a time to speak on the phone.