Tim Farron's speech on Powering A New Economy: How a Clean Energy Revolution Means Britain Can Lead the World.Read more
A year ago the world had finally come to a consensus. People across the globe agreed there was a desperate need to tackle climate change. This was best symbolised by the Paris Agreement, an agreement to legally binding limits for global temperature rises by governments from the US, India, China and the EU.Read more
- Peers debate Article 50 bill paving way for start of Brexit
- Theresa May wants to invoke Article 50 - the formal two-year mechanism by which a state must leave the EU - by the end of March
- Peers will seek to guarantee the rights of EU citizens currently living in the UK and the role of Parliament in scrutinising the Brexit process
- Follow our live coverage of today's events
Tens of thousands of deaths could be linked to cuts to health and social care, a new research paper by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and University of Oxford has found.Read more
Responding to Tony Blair's speech today on Brexit, Liberal Democrat Leader Tim Farron said:
"Tony Blair is right. The challenge now is to persuade people to change their mind and the Liberal Democrats are the only party offering them a chance to have their voice heard again.
"Blair's speech shows how badly Corbyn’s Labour has failed as an Opposition.
"Labour have waved the white flag and given Theresa May a blank cheque for a divisive, hard Brexit.
"So if you agree with Tony, join the Liberal Democrats - the real opposition to this Conservative Brexit Government."
Britain could be more vulnerable to terrorism and organised crime after a hard Brexit, Europol's chief has warned.Read more
Text messages have warned Muslim voters they will be condemned to hell if they do not vote Labour in the Stoke-on-Trent Central by-election, it has been reported.Read more
Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron has renewed calls on Theresa May not to abandon child refugees by scrapping the Dubs scheme.Read more
The Liberal Democrats have launched a fight to guarantee the rights of EU citizens to continue to live and work in the UK following the triggering of Article 50.Read more
• 38 Trusts facing serious pressure
• More beds closed due to Norovirus
• Cancelled operations up 15%
• 9 hospitals had no available beds on some days in February