Comprises of Party Members who are interested in the law, including Legal Executives, Barristers, Solicitors, Magistrates, Academics, Students, Trainees, and Pupils.
- Has members practising in all areas of the law, with considerable diversity of legal knowledge and experience.
- Campaigns for liberal values in law reform and for the protection of civil liberties and human rights in the legal system and in our substantive law.
- Contributes to the Liberal Democrats' policy-making through working parties on legal policy and law reform.
- Briefs members of the United Kingdom, European and Scottish Parliaments, the Welsh Assembly and other elected bodies on legal issues.
- Responds to government consultations on proposed legislation.
- Publishes newsletter,
- Organises regular conferences, lectures and meetings.
- Holds an excellent annual dinner.
- Is a registered CPD provider for relevant events